Skip to content
Abuja Affairs

Abuja Affairs

Precise, Concise, and Factual Political Updates from Abuja

Primary Menu
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Home
  • News Update
  • Bandits Walk Into Kwara Palace, Kidnap Monarch’s Family Members In Daring Night Attack 2026
  • News Update

Bandits Walk Into Kwara Palace, Kidnap Monarch’s Family Members In Daring Night Attack 2026

Theophilus Noah Baba January 10, 2026 2 minutes read
Kwara

Kwara Palace Attack Exposes Growing Security Lapses

Armed bandits have reportedly stormed the palace of the Elerin of Adanla-Irese, Oba David Adedumoye, in Igbaja, Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State, kidnapping seven members of the royal family in a brazen attack that has raised fresh concerns over worsening insecurity in the North-Central region.

According to details obtained from a local vigilante leader, the attackers—estimated to be about 20 heavily armed men—walked into the community on foot on December 26, 2025 (Boxing Day) and gained unrestricted access to the palace without resistance.

The bandits reportedly ransacked the palace for close to an hour, firing sporadic gunshots to scare residents and force compliance. During the operation, seven relatives of the monarch were abducted, while two persons sustained gunshot injuries.

Witnesses said the attackers met no security personnel at the palace at the time of the invasion, allowing them to operate freely before retreating into nearby bushes.

The vigilante leader disclosed that one of the gunmen appeared to have detailed knowledge of the community, allegedly identifying specific individuals by name and directing others on who to kidnap. The suspect reportedly spoke both Yoruba and Fulfulde, further fueling suspicions of local collaboration

Following the attack, the kidnappers allegedly contacted the monarch and demanded a ₦300 million ransom for the release of the abducted family members.

Security operatives, including soldiers and local vigilantes, later combed surrounding forests, but the kidnappers had already escaped before reinforcements arrived.

The palace invasion adds to a disturbing trend of kidnappings and bandit attacks in Kwara State, once considered relatively peaceful compared to neighbouring regions. Residents and community leaders are now calling on the Kwara State Government and security agencies to urgently strengthen rural security and protect traditional institutions

Analysts warn that attacks on royal palaces signal a dangerous escalation, undermining traditional authority and public confidence in security structures.

As of the time of filing this report, the abducted victims remain in captivity, while investigations continue.

Kwara

Read also NSA Ribadu’s Office Denies Illegally Arming Vigilantes in Kwara

Share and Enjoy !

Post navigation

Previous: Abuja Unions Issue 7-Day Ultimatum to FCT Minister Over
Next: Trump Administration Freezes $129 Million USDA Funds to Minnesota Over Fraud Allegations

Related Stories

sr file - 2026-02-20T194613.088
  • News Update

FCT Senator Ireti Kingibe Condemns Wike Over Unilateral Curfew, Demands Immediate Suspension

Theophilus Noah Baba February 20, 2026
sr file - 2026-02-20T121727.681
  • News Update

Federal High Court Awards ₦30M to Sowore Over Illegal “Wanted” Declaration

Theophilus Noah Baba February 20, 2026
IMG-20260219-WA0014
  • News Update

Three Nigerian Men Caught Trying to Enter Spain Disguised as Sheep

Theophilus Noah Baba February 19, 2026
THEOPHILUS NOAH BABA (TNB)

Social Media Influencer, Blogger,
An Advocate for Good Governance & Attituditional change. Holds a Masters degree in Information Technology


FOLLOW ABUJA POLITICS

  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • WhatsApp

You may have missed

IMG_9587
  • Politics

Wike Laments Low Voter Turnout in FCT Area Council Elections, Says ‘Only 10 Percent Came To Vote

Theophilus Noah Baba February 21, 2026
sr file - 2026-02-20T175943.388
  • Politics

Tinubu Lauds INEC, Calls for Free and Fair Elections in FCT, Kano, Rivers

Theophilus Noah Baba February 20, 2026
sr file - 2026-02-20T194613.088
  • News Update

FCT Senator Ireti Kingibe Condemns Wike Over Unilateral Curfew, Demands Immediate Suspension

Theophilus Noah Baba February 20, 2026
sr file - 2026-02-20T121727.681
  • News Update

Federal High Court Awards ₦30M to Sowore Over Illegal “Wanted” Declaration

Theophilus Noah Baba February 20, 2026

FOLLOW ABUJA POLITICS

  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
Copyright © All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.

Share

Blogger
Bluesky
Delicious
Digg
Email
Facebook
Facebook messenger
Flipboard
Google
Hacker News
Line
LinkedIn
Mastodon
Mix
Odnoklassniki
PDF
Pinterest
Pocket
Print
Reddit
Renren
Short link
SMS
Skype
Telegram
Tumblr
Twitter
VKontakte
wechat
Weibo
WhatsApp
X
Xing
Yahoo! Mail

Copy short link

Copy link